Below you can find some information about technicalities in Kraków: airport connections and ho(s)tels overview.
Detailed schedule of the conference – as mentioned in the previous email – we will send you by the end of this week. If you need any assistance, advice or help in anything, please, do not hesitate to contact us by email or phone call: my mobile +48 607 985 276 (Chris Bielawski).
Kraków Airport–City Center transport possibilities:
· by bus:
- daytime lines 209 or 300, nighttime 902
- ticket price 6 zł (lasting 60minutes, the ride should be around 30-40)
- changeover needed in Cracow („Salwator” stop for a tram) to arrive at the city centre (“Teatr Bagatela” stop); nighttime connection is direct to the city centre; daytime buses go every 30 minutes; nighttime every hour;
· by taxi:
- approximately 89 or 109 zł for a ride, depending on the exact destination point
- it is better to make a reservation online here (in the upper right corner, you can choose the language of the site)
· by train:
- 17 zł per person to the city centre
- every 30 minutes or 1 hour (depending on the time of the day)
- does not run at night
More information click here.
The services like Booking and similar abound in many options depending on the required hotel standard. If any of you would need help or advice in booking a hotel or verifying its location, please feel free to contact us. The conference will be held in two venues – on 12 May at the Institute of Classical Philology of the Jagiellonian University, in the building of the Collegium Paderevianum at 11 Mickiewicz Avenue (corner of Mickiewicz Avenue and Krupnicza Street, a 10-minute walk from the Old Town’s main square), and on 13 May at the University’s main building – the Collegium Novum – at 24 Golebia Street.